Control Assistant is a utility designed to communicate with Woodward controls over serial or ethernet connections.
The following features are supported:
- Live parameter monitoring and tuning
- Tunable maintenance (tunable captures, editing, comparing and uploading)
- Alarms and Events viewing from SOS servers/controls with AE support
Graphing and trending features (license required for full use) include:
- Live parameter trending
- Off line trending (datalogs and archived trend data)
- X-Y plots
- User definable calculation pens
- First order filtering for calculation pens
- User definable triggers for event logging and buffer saving (live data)
- Data export and import to and from .CSV files
- Editor for dynamic datalog configuration files
- Support for continuous datalogs
What's new :
- 4.14 Fixed some Windows 10 compatibility issues
- 4.14 Added ramp rate calculation function to graph
- 4.14 Fixed various minor problems with downloading tunables
- 4.14 Fixed various issues with cross-hair value updates and text display
- 4.14 Various other minor bug fixes and enhancements (see What's New in the Help)
- 4.13-2 Fixes a library installation problem in 4.13
- 4.13-1 Fixes a beta designation problem in 4.13
- 4.13 Publisher-signing of installation
- 4.13 Limited support for A_CURVE and CAL_CURVE analog arrays
- 4.12-3 Fixed a potential crash using trending or other OPC services when the WinPanel was not open. This was primarily an issue in Windows 10.
- 4.12-3 Fixed a bug opening a trend from template script where the tagnames had been edited
- 4.12-2 Fixed a problem uploading tunables using the old NetCon tunables protocol. This problem was introduced in version 4.06 of Control Assistant.
- 4.12-2 Fixed various issues loading graph and trend script files from previous versions, especially those with calculation variables.
- 4.12-1 Fixed a problem with C.A. sometimes crashing after editing graph or trend properties
- 4.12 Ten new pen colors
- 4.11 Changed the name of Control Assistant folders & menu items back to "Control Assistant 4\CtrlAssist" to be consistent with previous versions (4.0 - 4.9) of Control Assistant.
- 4.11 Updated the software license libraries to 126.96.36.199. This library supports all known USB memory stick types and works with software licenses generated by previous installations. The USB stick logic also identifies all found sticks and indicates if there may be problems functioning with the current licensing strategy.
- Windows® XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- The .NET 4.0 Framework (Click here for the .NET Framework. )
- Woodward's SOS Servlink OPC Server version 4.15
- The first step in installing Control Assistant is to download the file from this page. This file is an installation program that will step you through the installation process.
- After downloading this file, run it and follow the instructions on the setup dialogs.
- To enable full functionality, obtain a software license through your authorized Woodward dealer, run the program and select "Authorize..." from the License menu. (part number 8928-5014)
- If you are running Control Assistant on XP SP2, you may need to make some security changes for Control Assistant communication with embedded OPC Servers or remote SOS servers to work properly. See Using OPC via DCOM with XP SP2.
- For troubleshooting OPC and DCOM connection issues, see:
OPC & DCOM Troubleshooting: Quick Start Guide
OPC & DCOM: 5 Things You Need to Know
OPC Training institute